Soaring with America's Best Educators
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy New Year and welcome back to the second half of the 2018-2019 school year. We hope your winter vacation time was a special period filled with magical moments of quality time with family and friends. We are excited about the upcoming months of new learning, new determination, and continued success. We are confident that we have all of the right ingredients to improve our students’ achievement. With a continuous focus on doing what is best for children, and the home, school, and community working together as a team, we will get to the mountaintop of academic success.
As we move into this new year, it is a good time to reflect upon our goals, our vision, and our mission for all of our students. We reaffirm to you that we believe in the equal worth and dignity of all students and we are committed to educating all of our students to their maximum potential. Our staff will continue to work with an attitude of success to foster critical thinking and life-long learners. Parents, we ask that you continue to support us in our efforts to improve our students’ achievement by:
- Having a heart to heart talk with your child about being a good citizen everyday;
- Upholding high standards of discipline and expectations at home and at school;
- Providing a quiet place for your child to study;
- Encouraging your child to complete his/her homework;
- Making sure your child arrives to school on time every day ready to learn;
- Promoting pleasure reading time each evening for twenty minutes; and
- Keeping in contact with your child’s teacher, as well as attending all school activities.
The second round of In Class Today attendance letters will go home the week of January 7, 2019. Students with chronic absences and not meeting the attendance goals for our school will receive letters to promote improved student attendance. Since achievement is directly related to attendance, we are working diligently to meet our attendance goals. Please support our attendance goals by sending your child to school every day, on time, ready to soar.
Let’s continue to work together to make a difference in the lives of our children by keeping our expectations high, holding each other accountable, and providing a safe and nurturing learning environment at home and at school. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or your classroom teacher at (310) 324-1153.
Here’s to a happy hootin’ new year filled with health and prosperity. Hoot! Hoot! Hooray!
P.S. Please support our academic plays for the remainder of the school year:
- Encourage your wise owl to speak in complete sentences
- Help your wise owl read 15 to 30 minutes every night
- Remind your wise owl to be respectful at all times.
- Have students in grades 3-5 practice keyboarding skills 15 to 30 minutes every night
- Wise Owls come to school every day, on time, ready to soar.